Can you Help?
Market Rasen Walkers are Welcome
Are you passionate about walking?
Would you like to encourage others to get out and explore the local countryside?
Do you want to help improve people’s health, fitness and well being?
Can you help attract more visitors to our area and the little known Lincolnshire Wolds?
Walkers are Welcome is a national accreditation scheme whose aim is to support towns and villages to offer local people and visitors excellent walking opportunities.
Patrons include Julia Bradbury and Kate Ashbrook.
Market Rasen has been accredited since 2010 Our activities include:-
- Promotion of walking events and resources in our area – on our website, Facebook, newspapers, radio, posters etc.
- Creation of new resources – maps, self-guided walk descriptions, etc.
- Helping to improve local footpaths – reporting, lobbying, fund raising, projects etc.
- Offering guided walks – for the young, the old, families, nature lovers, bird watchers, heritage enthusiasts, photographers....
- Take on projects that encourage walking in the town and countryside – eg development of new attractions, new routes, improving links between town and country etc.
- Working with local organisations and businesses – eg. town, district and county councils, forestry commission, Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service, local businesses etc.
If you feel you have something to offer and would like to join our small friendly band of volunteers please contact us – email email@example.com or phone Gary 07582227856